No matter what part of the fashion industry you are in, building a loyal customer base is tough. It takes dedication and understanding to reach a bigger audience. Brand owners set their sights on Social Media which plays a part in the growth of a brand but Social Media should be looked at as a funnel to your website. A brands website is where customers actually spend money. Once there the question remains how do I keep customers on the site and also please them enough that they frequently return?
Producing high quality videos can do 3 important things for your brand.
1. Help separate your brand from the saturation of the industry.
2. Allow you to be the master of storytelling your brand story.
3. Highlight your brand benefits without a 3rd party.
Videos are becoming a popular form of communication for brands. Videos have replaced blogs, drives conversation and keeps customers attention far better.
When building video content and idea’s think of the storytelling in form of marketing a lifestyle and create a connection between your brand and your customers.
Video Options for Fashion Brands
Video Idea’s to try out:
- Fashion Look book
- Fashion Film
- Interviews Segments
There are so many options out there today with Vine, Snapchat and Instagram video as quicker ways to engage your customers through Social Media. These videos can be made to entertain, inform or highlight your brand, product or even an upcoming project. Instagram is a great place to start by extending your reach with Instagram video for quick chats with your audience.
Behind-the scenes videos, video look books, films and lifestyle videos can be used to focus on your brand culture.
YouTube/Vimeo continues to be awesome platforms for your fashion videos. It also allows you more room to strategize and really create a brand voice & allow you to create longer content.
SOME KEY QUESTIONS
Figure out how you want to tell your brand’s story.
- What is it that you want them to know about your brand?
- What lifestyle does your brand exudes?
- In what way do you want to connect with them?
- Do you want to feature your customer’s?
- What kind of office lifestyle do you want to show?
- In what ways can you show your audience how to wear your product that will lead them to buy?